Jaipur is one of the best cities in India in which to learn some basics of Rajasthani cooking. It’s food culture is heavily influenced by it’s eclectic mix of modern city lifestyle and old traditions and is one of quite unique types in the country. Learning how to cook local food in Jaipur in a cooking class is a great way to immerse yourself in to the culinary culture of the royal Pink City. Most of cooking classes (unless specified otherwise) are held in home of a local Jaipur family with excellent knowledge of various local dishes and cuisines.
A normal cooking classes will have a specialised local food dishes like chaach, daal baati, churma, as well as a few pan-Indian dishes with a local touch like some vegetable dishes, chaats, lentils (daals), pakora, parantha, roti of different flours, aam panna, chai etc. The participants learn not only how to cook authentic Indian Rajasthani food, but also about local culture and way of life of the people in most authentic way. If you have any specific requirements, we will be happy to help you in any possible way.
- Pricing: INR 6500 per slot on buying 2 or more slots. One slot for INR 7500. Custom and Private cooking classes can be arranged on request.
- Cooking Class Duration: Approximately 5 Hours.
- Number of food dishes : 11-14 dishes.
- Type Of Food: Vegetarian. Non-vegetarian and Vegan food dishes can be included on request.
- Timing: Can start 9:30 am and 5:00 pm
- Inclusions: Tea, snacks, non-alcoholic drinks, bottled water, hand wipes, meals of cooked food.
- Transport : Free pickup and drop from within Agra city.
- Certain activities like mehendi (Heena tattoo), celebrating festivals like Diwali, Holi etc, tying a saaree, shopping and a few more can be arranged alongside cooking class on prior request. It depends on time of year and availability.