Learning to cook authentic Indian food in a cooking class in New Delhi is an excellent way to learn about various details of multiple Indian cuisines. Local cuisine of New Delhi is a delicious mixture of various Indian cuisines from all parts of the country and food available here is among the best anywhere in the world.
The instructor in most of these cooking classes is a local chef and the participants visit his home to attend the classes. These are fully interactive, hands on kind of cooking classes in which the participants learn everything by practicing themselves under guidance of the instructor chef. Two different types of cooking classes with different durations are available as mentioned below. Menu in a normal class can include breads like parantha, roti, daal, lassi chai, vegetable dishes, halwa, kheer, pakora, samosa and pulaav . In general after attending these classes, you can cook a full Indian meal of 3-5 courses.
Quick Indian Cooking Class
- Pricing: INR 6500 per slot on buying 2 or more slots. One slot for INR 7500. Custom and Private cooking classes can be arranged on request.
- Cooking Class Duration: Approximately 5 Hours.
- Number of food dishes : 11-14 dishes.
- Timing: Can start 9:00 am and 5:00 pm
Complete Indian Cooking Class
- Pricing: INR 10000 per slot on buying 2 or more slots. One slot for INR 12000. Custom and Private cooking classes can be arranged on request.
- Cooking Class Duration: Approximately 9 Hours.
- Number of food dishes : 15-18 dishes.
- Timing: Can start 9:00 am and 2:00 pm
- Transport in an air-conditioned car from within central Delhi zone. May cost extra if pickup point is outside this zone.
- Cost of all cooking ingredients.
- A special gift hamper of some selected spices and other ingredients which participants can take back with them.
- Water, snacks, tea, coffee and meal of food cooked during cooking class.
- Up to two barbecue meat dishes (meat kabab, chicken tikka etc) can be included at INR 1800. Two meat curries (saag chicken, butter chicken, etc) can be included for INR 1500.
- Certain activities like mehendi (Heena tattoo), celebrating festivals like Diwali, Holi etc, tying a saaree, shopping and a few more can be arranged alongside cooking class on prior request. It depends on time of year and availability.